Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Vol 5 / nr 51 / Salt Lake City, Utah, USA

When Troy found the print, he was thrilled. He was traveling through Italy during his holiday. The invitation to pick up the envelope was irresistible. I knew if I didn't I would be missing out on something special.

The print itself is lovely. It spoke to me vividly. I am the director of an organization called Equality Utah. We are the state's political advocacy group for the LGBTQ community. The image of two people, seemingly adrift, but reaching out to each other resonated with our work.

Here in Utah, the LGBTQ community has historically been at odds with the larger Mormon population. But in recent years many people have been reaching out, extending hands of friendship, and helping each other overcome our divisions.

Your piece reminds me of the need we all have to reach out and help each other along our journey. None of us can make it on our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment