Sunday, November 11, 2012

vol 3 / nr 4 / São Paulo, Brazil

Amanda wrote, that as a birthday present, she decided to make her first trip to Europe, to Italy. Days before her birthday, she went to the Piazza della Signoria and sat on the steps to admire Perseus of Cellini and the Rape of the Sabine Women, by Giambologna. That's when she found the envelope with the picture.

 At first I was just looking. I do not know how to react. But it was as if I read told me. When you see the message had the courage to pick it up and open it, read it with care and felt thrilled to see the picture. So far from home and gift from a stranger.

 I was there in Europe, taking a trip alone to a few days of my birthday. Opening my horizon to the world, healing a broken heart and white envelope turned a page in the history of my life.

The picture has not yet been framed, but will stay in my room for me to remember that a man is made of dreams and when they end, others resume.

No comments:

Post a Comment