Sunday, August 15, 2010

First random print project

My very first random print project will start in August 2010. The prints will be left in random places in Europe to be found and to be taken home from August 24, 2010 forward. I hope to hear where the prints will end up. The (anonymous) stories will be shown here from the end of September on. I will also make a map to show the locations all around the world - where the prints end up to.

This project is also about "random people" who just happen to find these randomly distributed letters.

I've had this idea for several years now and I can't actually recall where it did came from. But one of the projects which initiated this idea again was the BookCrossing -project to which I started contribute this year. I planned to put something small (letter, drawn image etc.) between the pages of the books that I would leave around for someone to pick and then I remembered my original idea of making randomly found prints.

Why haven't I realized this project before? I don't know. It just seems that now is the right time to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment